Together|Ensemble, Canada’s national conference devoted to tracking progress on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has moved online and takes place from May 20-22, 2020. The conference benchmarks national progress toward achieving the agenda, mobilizes knowledge from the private sector, academia, government, and civil society, and promotes collaboration in service of the UN’s ambitious Decade of Action.
Recent blog posts
- Together|Ensemble Conference Tackles United Nations Decade Of Action Through The Lens Of Covid-19
- Students Prioritize How to Implement the SDGs in Canada
- Voluntary Local Review Pilot Project
- LE PLAN DIRECTEUR DE LA GÉNÉRATION ODD PRÉSENTE UNE VISION D’UNE APPROCHE COMMUNAUTAIRE DES OBJECTIFS
Together|Ensemble is Canada’s national conference devoted to tracking progress on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The conference represents an all-of-society approach to addressing Canada’s toughest sustainable development challenges, bringing together the private sector, academia, government, and civil society.
Together|Ensemble 2020 took place online May 20-22, 2020 and was organized by Waterloo Global Science Initiative (WGSI), Sustainable Development Solutions Network Canada (SDSN Canada) and Université Laval with the guidance and support of ACGC, others involved in the 2017 & 2018 Together Symposia and the Alliance 2030 network. Recordings, resources and recaps of the 2020 event can be found on togetherensemble.ca
Voluntary Local Review Pilot Project
Voluntary Local Reviews (VLR), a regional parallel to the Voluntary National Review (VNR), are an emerging process by which sub-national governments can report on their progress on Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Like the VNR, the goal of the VLR is to share strategies, successes and failures to assist other communities in their pursuit of the SDGs. Working with partners, WGSI is beginning a pilot project that supports Canadian communities in piloting VLRs that use localized indicators. Learn more here.
OUR LATEST PUBLICATION - GENERATION SDG BLUEPRINT / RAPPORT GÉNÉRATION ODD
The Generation SDG Blueprint features:
- insights into inclusive community ecosystem mapping and planning
- partnership strategies to accelerate action on the SDGs
- accountability practices for partnerships, program and data management
- innovative financial instruments and programs for funding the SDGs
- Solutions Spotlights highlighting Canadian and global organizations and initiatives aligned with the SDGs
- a commitment to establishing and nurturing partnerships on the road to achieving the SDGs in Canada